Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wading...

Went wading for a bit tonight. The water was awesome finally, hopefully it doesn't go to pot with the rain in the forcast. Met Dandrews as he was leaving other than that saw two beavers and no fishermen except for the resident green heron that is there every single time I go. I didn't catch any big fish but I did catch three smallies that were 16 inches long. One slammed the lure as I was lifting it out of the water and then went crazy with only a foot or two of line out. That was awesome I found myself laughing out loud. I caught maybe a dozen smallmouth mostly on square billed crankbaits and a pretty shovelhead that might of went 8lbs on a grub and a couple channelcat. No pictures tonight. I had my camera but didnt realise it wouldnt digest an 8 gig card till I tried to take a fish picture with it. Oh and I snagged a big carp maybe 15 pounds on the grub too. Right in the back of his dorsal so he could pull like he a harness on, that was pretty fun. All in all a pretty swell night.

No comments:

Post a Comment